Saturday, May 16, 2009

One BAD Mutha !!!

Over the last six weeks I have been taking classes from the FBI as part of the FBI's Citizens Academy. It has been awesome. I learned a lot about the FBI and I had the chance to participate in some of their training albeit briefly. On the last day of sessions we were able to go to the law enforcement range and shoot some of their guns. Above, I'm holding an original 1928 Tommy gun. And yes, I shot it, fully automatic too. We also shot some handguns, as well as an m-4, MP5, and we had a bomb squad and SWAT demonstration. The FBI does a great job of protecting us, that's for sure. It was interesting to learn about local cases and even local anti-terrorist stuff (it happens in Utah too). Chepe, who's with the Bureau, got me involved. You know who you are Chepe!


Shooting the 1928 Tommy Gun, Fully Auto


Here I am getting some instruction on shooting a fully auto M-5 from FBI SWAT.


FBI Bomb Squad demonstration with dynamite.

6 comments:

The Starr Family said...

Looks cool! Are you into a career change???

Britterny said...

That sounds amazing Dave! I would love to hear more!!

Dorianne said...

How awesome. Remember when you were thinking about the FBI way back when...

Karly said...

How Freightning.... Dave with a gun?

Karly said...

how do you spell that word anyway?

Danielle said...

That's big pimpin', yo!