Sunday, January 24, 2010

When Dad is in Charge of Sunday Dinner


Yes, those are cornish game hens. When I'm in charge of dinner, I choose something out of the ordinary. I spared them the duck dish I was prepared to make. The girls loved it. They said the hens looked like the turkey on Mickey Mouse's Christmas Carol. Tara said they looked sick, so I had to remind her that they are a smaller version of the Costco chicken she buys every week. The girls loved the little mini chicken legs. It was actually really good. And for dessert we had chinese mango pudding courtesy of Aunt Edon.






6 comments:

Deborah said...

That's a great Sunday dinner. It's nice to mix it up a bit. Good job.

Tori said...

I have to agree with Tara on this one! I do think that it is wonderful that your girls would eat it and think that it was cool.(I am sure that it tasted great, I just have issues with some meat) You do get the award for HUSBAND OF THE YEAR for making dinner. When Mitch "tries" to make dinner we get plain noodles with butter and salt on them or a cheese quesadilla. Way to be a fun dad!

DaNae said...

THose looks yummy. Way to be in charge of sunday dinner.

The Starr Family said...

Very cute! You look like you were so ready to dig in. Trying new foods is a great way to teach the girls how to be adventurous. It will help them with so many things in the future. I really believe this btw. Keep on doing it - I can't wait to see what's next!

Dorianne said...

I think that you should be in charge of Sunday dinner more often!

Karly said...

That looks yum! good job there boy!