Sunday, August 14, 2011

Miller Family Reunion '11 in Yellowstone


Old West Photo, don't mess with this family (click to enlarge)
***
What a trip! We just got back from the Miller Family Reunion in Yellowstone. I haven't been there since I was 11 years old. It's a beautiful place and I already can't wait to get back and see all the stuff we missed, plus, I'll bring a fishing pole next time. We stayed in West Yellowstone just a half mile from the West entrance to the park. Yellowstone is the first national park and the largest park in the lower 48 states (I think Denali in Alaska is the biggest). I won't list everything we did, but we had a great time that included seeing wildlife, geysers, stinky sulfur pots, hikes, swimming, and fun. We went to Bear World in Idaho and we went to the Grizzly and Wolf Discovery Center in West Yellowstone.



The Old Faithful Lodge


Bear World







Some bison off the side of the road in Yellowstone


Norris Geysers -- Kaitlyn thought that they were extra stinky.

Hiking the 350 steps down Uncle Joe's trail to the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone and the Lower Falls.





Kaitlyn getting hatchet throwing instructions from Grizzly Adams.


Megan learning to throw the hatchet at the mountain man rendevouz.

3 comments:

Deborah said...

Looks awesome. Dad and I want to go back. It's on our bucket list of things to do.

DaNae said...

Miss my davenport girls. Mom just said " Tara looks sexy" in that old west pic!!

Danielle said...

You guys are killing it in the old west pic! Totally makes me want to go back to Yellowstone.