Sunday, June 29, 2008

Twenty-Six Point Two

Some may know that I am foolishly preparing to run the St. George Marathon with my sisters. I don't know if I can do it, but I am going to give it a shot. I need to lose a few pounds and learn to run a little faster and longer. My goal is to finish the race before they close the course after 6 hours. It sounds easy, but I run so slow, I wouldn't make it at my current pace. On Saturday, my sister and I ran a 5K. That was my first ever race. It was fun, but painful to see how fast some people run. I guess that will give me some motivation to keep pushing myself. I ran it faster than normal and finished in 31 minutes, but I was tired. I prefer a 12 minute mile. The guy who won the race finished in 16 minutes. That's cruising. So if you see me running around Riverton and I look like I am going to die, call Tara and tell her to bring me a hotdog and a TAB or Diet RC Cola for nurishment.
I am also taking contributions. I decided to run this race for a cause. My cause is the Aerosmith Guitar Hero video game. I need it and thought it was a worthy cause. If everyone donated $10, I would have enough for the game after the first 8 donations. Any extra funds will be donated to a video manufacturing company of my choosing.

9 comments:

DaNae said...

Just think, you only have to run 23 more miles than you ran on sat. Keep it up, you are doing great.

Kristin said...

I about fell off the couch when I read your "cause", laughing that is. I thought it was so sweet as I started reading that you wanted to run for a cause, then I read on. Why am I surprised, I should know better with you!

Nicki said...

Wahoo! Go Dave!

Dorianne said...

Good job David, a 5K is a great start!

BS and the Kids said...

I told you to get Brett and train together...it really does give you motivation to run faster (running with someone else). Anyway, great job on finishing the 5K, and training for a marathon. It really isn't a small undertaking. And your cause...I really thought it might be a real one. But, I suppose I could donate, but then again...

Nicole Jaussi said...

Good job Dave. I'm impressed that you did it in 31 minutes and I'm even more impressed you're doing a marathon!

Richelle said...

Regretably I am unable to donate to your "worthy" cause as I am currently in the process of raising funds myself for the same game!! Good luck with the fundraising though, and- of course, the running!

The Starr Family said...

Really great worthy cause! I'll send you $10 after the first $80 is in you hands!

Carol

Amanda said...

Good job bro...!!! I started with a 5k too and for some reason when it's an actual race and not just training it was easier! But you all are still freakin crazy for runnin 26.2 miles.. Keep it up... oh and for you great cause... sometimes I wonder if you're really part of the Davenport/Uriarte family!!!:0