Sunday, September 28, 2008

I am HUNTER


I hunt, therefore I kill. Actually, this was my first successful hunting experience. My past hunts I would go out for the morning and hope to get lucky. This time we hunted for four days. Funny thing is that I actually got something and it was still on the first day. This is the first time that I have shot at a deer and the first time that I have missed. Also the first time that anyone in my party shot an animal, the first time that I have actually seen an animanl shot (my own), first time that I have seen an animal cleaned (my own).
I saw the buck later in the day and dropped him with a shot in the neck. It was a downhill shot through trees and limbs about 80 yards away. After I shot, the buck fell immediately and didn't get up. That's how I like to hunt, pain-free for the animals, unlike my brother-in-laws who wound the deer and then never end up finding them.


Getting my first buck was awesome. I was ridiculed because of its size, but I like my meat tender, like veal. Seriously though, it is a small buck, barely a 2 x 2, but you can't be picky when you've never shot anything. By the way, if you read this blog, and have shot a bigger buck with a muzzle loader let me know. One of the hunters up there asked me why I was shooting fawns. A lot of laughs up there at my expense, but then again, I am bringing home food for the family, they just wasted there money.

8 comments:

Karly said...

Sick dude

Karly said...

But good job getting a buck!

Jason said...

Watch out Dude! If PETA gets wind of this website... Nice job on your first deer

heidilynnphotography said...

How did you get a doe tag? In all seriousness that is the biggest buck I've ever seen! Congratulations!! Welcome to the club of killers

Richelle said...

Hope you enjoy your 2 pieces of Jerky!

Kristin said...

I can't believe how rude everyone is being....you are my hero! Way to kill bambi!

Deborah said...

Not sure what to say except, unless you need to feed the family don't kill.
Since you did, don't let that meat go to waste. See you in St. George.

Denton said...

Every had shriveled steaks, that might just be the best meat on that deer