Sunday, November 15, 2009

While Mom Was Away

So Tara went on "girls trip" this past week. That meant that I had to keep the girls alive for a few days on my own. That also meant, one trip to McDonald's, one trip to Carl's Jr., one trip to Little Ceasars, and one trip to KFC. I'm a health freak, so that's why I chose these restaurants.
* * *
I took the girls to Disney on Ice Friday which the girls loved. Too many dudes in tights for my enjoyment, but The Little Mermaid was a LOOKER. On Saturday, Ashley had a Young Utah Artists piano competition. She competed against, as Ashley put it, "some asian piano ninjas." Seriously, I started crying when I heard this 9 year old asian boy in a tux play the piano. He played some "Flight of the Bumblebee" type duet, but he played both parts. It was awesome and I bought one of his CDs. Ashley did well, but no Juilliard scholarship yet.
* * *
It was also a blizzard on Saturday. In the afternoon we had just enough snow to make our backyard sledding hill. It was chilly, but the older three girls stayed out there for a couple of hours. Take a close look at Megan's cheeks. Is that frostbite? I thought that Ashley had pimp slapped her a couple of times, but I guess it was just really cold.




Britney had a vent in her hood just big enough to get some air in.


Kaitlyn's extremely rosy cheeks.

Megan's mug shot.


3 comments:

Deborah said...

I hope Tara had as much fun as you and the girls did. You are an awesome daddy.

Richelle said...

It was always the Asian Piano Ninjas that beat me in every competition I was in. They have some serious talent!!! However, I'm sure Ashley was right up there with the best of them :-)

The Starr Family said...

Oh my goodness - did their cheeks hurt? They look like they had a good time out there!