Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Manger for Baby Jesus


For Family Home Evening the other night, Tara did a lesson on helping each other. She bought a wood manger (crib for the layman), painted it, and gathered some straw. When the girls do something nice for someone else, they get to place a piece of straw in the manger. The goal is to make the manger as soft as possible for baby Jesus by Christmas morning. It has been a fun thing to remind the girls.

The girls cleaned my desk today without Tara and I knowing. Hopefully, I will be able to find all of my stuff. Here is the note that the girls left me.


4 comments:

DaNae said...

the manger is the cutest idea. I need to buy one stat.

Deborah said...

What a great tradition. I love that idea. Didn't even recognize David's desk. Good going girls.

Dianna said...

I hope you gave the girls more than once piece of straw for Dave's desk. That was not an easy task. I love the idea.

The Starr Family said...

Great activity that lasts through the holidays! Hope you find everything for your desk!