Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Cradle of Liberty

"One if by land, and two if by sea," or so the tale goes. We just got back from a little trip to New England. We have never been and we loved it. The weather was good, much better than SLC anyway. We walked the Freedom Trail and saw the graves of Sam Adams, and Paul Revere. We also visited Paul Revere's house and stopped at the spot where he was apprehended by the red coats on his way to Concord. It was all very historic.


Where "the shot heard around the world" took place.
The Old North Bridge

Henry David Thoreau's Walden Pond



Buckman Tavern where the minutemen met before being shot down by the British at Lexington

Tara and I had finished sightseeing for the day, but we still had the use of the rental car. So I told Tara that we should drive up to New Hampshire since we'd never been there before. So we drove up and decided to keep driving because we'd never seen Maine before. We stopped in Maine for some freshly caught lobster then drove back to Boston.




7 comments:

Dorianne said...

That Maine trip was quite an adventure for one day. I bet you were glad you didn't have Brittney that day!

Britterny said...

I bet you enjoyed Boston! I grew up there, and get very homseick this time of year. Fall is AWESOME in New England!

Bigwaves Blog said...

Looks like a fun trip. Glad you're home safe to those little girls.

Karly said...

Glad you had fun! You were smart to go to Maine. I LOVE Maine! I love lobster more though!

DaNae said...

It looks so pretty. I bet the little yo's missed you. Tara-FYI I for sure gave Ella WAY too much prune juice-ooops.

Nicki said...

What a great trip, you guys! I'm so jealous! I'd love to see those sights someday!

The Starr Family said...

I've just caught up on all your blogs posting since August. Wow! Crazy and busy! Love the baby and I hope you are feeling better Tara. You too Dave. :) Your trip looked awesome. We've always wanted to do the colors in the fall and stay at B&B's. Maybe when Jeff is done with his high school career. LOL

Carol